3.08.2010

nourishing traditions

I recently bought a copy of a truly amazing book- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. I have found myself, quite addicted to it. Much of it is based off of Weston A. Price and other fascinating studies. It has been such an eye opener. I am encouraging everyone I know get a pick up a copy and read it. It me doing a kitchen-pantry makeover and a lot of experimenting.

Today I made paté.
recipe adapted from {nourishing traditions}

Chicken Mushroom Paté:

1 large shallot chopped
1 cup mushrooms chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1 Tbsp raw butter + 3Tbsp
1/2 lb Mary's chicken livers
1/2 cup white wine
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp truffle oil
chopped rosemary
S&P

Begin by sauteing the shallot, mushrooms, and chicken livers in a tablespoon of butter. Once browned, approximately 10 minute, add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, cool for a few minutes. Then blend with the additional butter until smooth. I added a little truffle oil to bring out the flavor in the mushrooms. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment