5.01.2010

lemon heaven.

Today I spent the latter part of the day playing in the kitchen with a friend. We were on a jammin' mission and successfully canned about eight delicious jars of strawberry jam. Still having the 'baby boom' bug in me, I decided to attempt making raw honey lemon curd. It was so simple and turned out creamy and refreshing. It was perfect for dipping the strawberries I had leftover from the jam. Unfortunately I didn't make quite enough in this batch, but I can't wait to try these lemon bars next.

{recipe adapted from the nourishing gourmet}
Lemon Curd
3 eggs
5 Tbsp raw honey
1/2 cup lemon juice (meyer)
5 Tbsp raw butter
lemon zest

Heat eggs, honey, and lemon juice in a double boiler whisking until thickened. Stir in lemon zest and butter until melted and fully combined. Pour into jars. Refrigerate for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment